How to Submit a Paper
CLiC-it 2014 has the goal of a broad technical program. Accepted papers will be published on-line and will be presented at the conference either orally or as a poster. We invite original papers (i.e. previously unpublished) in the following areas:
- Cognitive Modeling of Language Processing and Psycholinguistics
- TOPICS: Models of Human Language Acquisition, Incremental Parsing, Multimodal acquisition of linguistic knowledge, Grounded Learning, Applications of cognitive models of language, e.g., in tutoring systems, human evaluation, clinical and cognitive neuroscience settings
- Digital Humanities
- TOPICS: Text Readability, Language Complexity, Historical Content Analysis, NLP for Literature, NLP and Digital Libraries, Linguistics and Social Media Analysis.
- Information Extraction
- TOPICS: Information Extraction, Question Answering, Semantic Web applications, NLP for the Web and social media, Summarization
- Information Retrieval
- TOPICS: Spoken and written Document Retrieval, Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis, Text Classification
- Linguistic Resources
- TOPICS: Corpora, Annotation schema, Lexical resources for Italian, Standard for Resources, Ontologies, Linguistic aspects of Computational Linguistics, Crowdsourcing, Evaluation methods
- Machine Translation
- TOPICS: Cross-Language Processing, Text and Speech Translation, Computer Aided Translation, Bilingual Dictionaries, Parallel and Comparable Corpora, Crowd-sourcing methods for Machine Translation
- Pragmatics and Creativity
- TOPICS: Anaphora, Metaphor, Discourse, Emotions in language, Language Creativity
- Semantics and Knowledge Acquisition
- TOPICS: Word Sense Disambiguation, Entity Recognition and Linking, Relation Extraction, Semantic Role Labeling, Semantic Similarity, Textual Entailment, Ontology Population, Formal Semantics, Distributional Semantics, Automatic construction/alignment of Resources, Ontology Learning
- Spoken Language Processing
- TOPICS: Automatic Speech Recognition, Phonology, Prosody, Dialogue Systems, Interactive Systems
- Syntax and Parsing
- TOPICS: Morphological Analysis, Parsing, POS tagging, Pipelines for Italian, Standard for Interoperability
We also invite papers describing a challenge in the field, position papers, survey papers, and papers that describe a negative result.
Young Author Best Paper Awards
One best paper award for each of the ten CLIC-it thematic areas will be given to young authors (Ph.D. students and Postdocs) who appear as first author of the paper. Best papers will be presented orally at the conference and will be given the possibility to submit an extended version to be published on a Journal.
Submission must be electronic in PDF, using the Easychair submission software at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=clic2014
Papers may consist of up to four (4) pages of content, and two (2) additional pages of references.
Papers can be either in English or Italian, with the abstract both in English and Italian.
Paper submissions should follow the two-column format. We strongly recommend the use of LaTeX style files or Microsoft Word style files according to the ACL format, which are available on the donwload box in this page.
Reviewing will not be blind, so there is no need to remove author information from manuscripts
The deadline for paper submissions is
July 15, 2014 ⇨ July 25, 2014 extended!.
The deadline for receipt of camera-ready papers is October 15, 2014.